Telehealth Online Therapy
Distance and schedules shouldn’t stand in the way of feeling better. Can’t make it into my office? Live out of the county?More comfortable in the privacy of your home? Wherever you are, we can still work together. With HIPPA approved video conferencing software, we can still meet up and have effective therapy sessions online.
Telehealth goes by many names such as online therapy, video therapy, teletherapy, and more. No matter what the name, the concept allows you to receive therapeutic services from the comfort of your home through a computer, phone, or other device with online access. The connection is safe, secure, and easy.
What is Telehealth/teletherapy?
Teletherapy is providing therapy through a live video connection, over the internet. You receive the same treatment as you would in person, it’s just done through a computer! If you’ve ever used Skype on your computer or FaceTime on your iPhone, you’ve used the same type of technology teletherapy uses.
For virtual sessions, we do have a set of guidelines that you can view here to ensure your sessions remain private and confidential. Click here to see how you can best prepare for your virtual session.
Who benefits from online therapy?
Online services can be utilized by most clients, though there are some limitations because it will require a strong internet connection and a computer, phone, tablet, or other internet-connected device. Here is a small example of those who benefit from doing online therapy:
- Busy parents
- Those with transportation or mobility difficulties.
- Those who live in rural areas or too far from the office.
- Those who are living apart who want to do joint sessions.
- Those who are housebound
- Those with chronic illness
- Career professionals during the lunch break
- Those not wanting to spend time commuting
- Coordinating schedule with a spouse problem? – both can attend from different locations
- College transition
- While you're on vacation
What are the Benefits of Telehealth/Teletherapy?
- Convenience: Have you ever been drawn to a therapist but their office is too far away? Feel more comfortable in the comfort of your own home?Telehealth can resolve that by bringing therapy to you through your computer, phone, or other device.
- Efficient: Time is perhaps our most precious resource. As such, commutes can be frustrating and stressful, especially if you are already prone to anxiety.
- Flexible: Relatedly, teletherapy allows for maximal flexibility for people who are overworked, overcommitted, or who live too far away from your therapists office.
- Access for College Students: The fact that college counseling centers are more and more swamped is hardly news to those who have worked in such settings. Further, not all colleges are in towns with access to private providers, nor do all college students even have cars. Enter the beauty of access to a wide network of providers without any transportation hassles. Teletherapy brings services to college students who either could not be seen at the college counseling center or who did not feel comfortable walking into the center and being seen by friends.
- Access for Disabled Populations: In many scenarios, those who are bedridden, have chronic illness, have agoraphobia, or otherwise can be major beneficiaries of online treatment options.